Laser Hair Removal for Chin Hair
Though laser hair removal can be done on almost every part of the eyes except the eyebrows, there are some issues that should be put into consideration before hair removal is conducted on the chin. These are:
- The hair color on the chin: You should know that though the color of the hair on your head is dark, the chin hair color could be different. You should, therefore avoid booking an appointment on the basis of the scalp hair. Let the aesthetician examine you so that he can determine if the hair on your chin can be removed via laser method.
- The hair will not go away after only a single treatment: for a laser hair removal to be successful, it may take a number of sessions, most likely eight. You should ensure that you attend all the sessions if you want to see great results in the laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal is expensive: Due to the high cost that you will have to incur in the laser hair removal treatment, you should ensure that you plan ahead so that you will have the financial capability to carry on with all the sessions.
- It can lead to side effects: Laser hair removal may lead to side effects such as reddening of the skin. If you are planning to attend a special occasion, go for a laser hair removal early enough so that the skin will have recovered from the reddening effect.
- It should not be carried out by anyone: the chin is a very sensitive part of the body considering that it is on the face. Do not allow a person who is not licensed to operate a laser hair removal machine to work on you. Allowing this is giving room to severe side effects such as burns or severe blisters.
- You should ensure that one before the treatment; you stay away from the sun’s radiations as a sunburned skin will be more prone to laser burns. Even after the treatment, the skin will be very sensitive and direct exposure to the sun should be avoided.
- Though laser hair removal is not as painful as the wax hair removal, it is important to note that it is not without discomfort. If your tolerance to pain is too low, and you cannot withstand any level of pain, consider taking some pain-relieving tablets or using a numbing cream before the process begins.
Laser hair removal is not permanent and at one time the hair will grow back with time which means that the process will be repeated. Ensure that you wear protective gears especially on the eyes as the chin is very close to the eyes.\
It is also likely that there may be pigmentation changes on the chin after the laser hair removal. The skin will get back to its normal color after a few days. However, some people may experience a discoloration that may not go away especially those with dark skin. This is why it is important to consider the color of your skin and your hair as well before you can consider laser hair removal.